GROWSK8LIFE TEAMS UP WITH LOCAL GRAFITTI ARTIST, MIKE RICH, TO CREATE CUSTOM SKATE DECK

The graffiti art of Mike Rich can be seen all over the streets of Portland, Maine. While Maine may not be a graffiti mecca, like New York City, Rich has managed to get his work and his name recognized nationally. CNN recently posted a video featuring Rich's work with Dr.Kevin Strong, of the organization Dunk the Junk. Dunk the Junk is a non-profit organization, developed to spread the word of healthy eating and living, through street art, music and dance. Check out the video.



Rich and fellow writers Learn, Turdl, ReOne, Lerk, Esko, Lack, and Link, have been blessing the wall behind Portland's Asylum Nightclub for years, most recently with a one of a kind tribute to Portland, where each artist was able to display their talents.


Although I had seen Rich's art all over the city, I did not who Mike was, until I read an article about his work in the local newspaper. I promptly found his FaceBook, website and phone number, wasting no time in calling him. Being a retired graffiti artist myself, I was very excited to talk to Mike about his art. He was very responsive and agreed to meet that night. I told Mike about my company and my dream, and for the next two hours we sat in silence as he designed the first custom GROWSK8LIFE deck for Team Rider, Laura Fong-Yee, meanwhile I typed away at my computer. The rest is history. For more on Mike Rich, check out his website.




GROWSK8LIFE hopes to do a lot more work with Rich, now that we have the funding we have been waiting for. In the meantime Rich will keep doing what he does best. To order a custom made deck simply go to the link on our homepage for the shop. Turn around time should be within a week. GROWSK8LIFE will also have decks printed up shortly. We hope for many more colabs with the people and businesses of Portland, who have already extended their hands so graciously to help us.


Popular Posts