SKATEBOARDING IN MAINE

The air is crisp, the sky is clear, my ears are frozen to my head, and I can barely breathe. This is what it's like trying to skate in Maine when it's freezing out. So what's a girl to do? I've been trying to decide if I'm just a wimp, or if it really is hard to skate in the cold. I did a little research, and this is what I found. All of my research is linked to the exact page where I found the info, not necessarily the home page of the site.

About.com informed me that skating in cold weather could actually cause my board to break more easily. Wow, I had never even thought if that one, but it totally makes sense. They say:


 "If it's really cold out, your board will be less flexible and snap easier."

Planet Green.com claimed that it is totally kosher to skate in the cold, as long as I dress warm. What do they know, really? I think they're just trying to get people to stop driving cars, which is a good idea too, but are they classified to give skateboarding advise? I think not.



Somebody actually created a Facebook page called, "I hate skateboarding when it's cold." I thought that was so awesome and hilarious that I added them to my interests list. We'll probably become best friends. Maybe they live down the street, who knows. People create Facebook pages for EVERYTHING.

I also discovered a Blog called Wonkabar, and this guy Steve claimed to go out skating in 30 degree weather because, and I quote, "I just really wanted to go skating all of a sudden."


Well Geez....if Steve can do it, then so can I. I guess I just have to stop being a cry baby, put on lots of layers, and go for it. I live in Maine, so half the year is winter here. I can't not skate for six months......or....maybe.....we could start talks about an  indoor skatepark. I'm just kidding, but not really, because it would be sweet. 


I bid you farewell, dear friends. I promise to keep you updated on the cold weather skating. The snowing weather skating story I don't know about yet. Until next time. 


Nicole @ GROWSK8LIFE signing off. Remember to join us on FB, just click here: GROWSK8LIFE

Popular Posts